Procedures for requesting medical records
Procedure for requesting an extract/duplicate/copy of medical records
1. The patient shall prepare a written application in accordance with the requirements of the Law on Application, and specify
- name, surname;
- personal identity number;
- telephone number (for contacts)
- what medical information is required (type of document, period/date, name of specialist, etc.)
- the method of receiving the information:
- by post – specify the exact postal address;
- in person at VC4 division – indicate the name and address of the division.
The application form is available here or can be obtained at the reception desk, or the application can be written in free format, respecting the above requirements.
The patient signs the application form in their own handwriting or with a secure electronic signature.
2. The application can be submitted:
- by sending by mail to: SIA Veselības centrs 4, Brīvības gatve 410, Riga, LV-1024;
- by sending by e-mail to: [email protected];
- by submitting to the reception desk of any SIA Veselības centrs 4 division.
3. Once the application has been received, the information requested will be prepared
4. The information requested will be issues as indicated in the application:
- by mail to the address indicated;
- in person, by agreeing on the place and time by telephone (upon presentation of an identity document);
- to the e-mail address indicated in the application.
pursuant to Section 9 (1) of the Law on the Rights of Patients:
- The patient has the right to request and receive extracts, duplicates and copies in accordance with the price list approved by the healthcare facility.
- The patient has the right to receive a free copy, duplicate or copy of their medical records once.