The Author: Veselības centrs 4
Allergologist is a physician, who specialises in the examination and therapy of allergic diseases (for instance, allergic rhinitis, asthma, allergic eye inflammation, atopic dermatitis, urticaria, angioedema, food and medication allergy, reactions caused by bee and wasp stings etc.).ā.
Five alarm signals that point to the need of visiting an allergologist
- Long term rhinitis or frequently recurring rhinitis, frequent infections of upper respiratory tract, seasonal rhinitis, especially, if it is concomitant with eye itching, lachrymation and cough.
- In the event of allergy, skin disorders can be highly variable; if there are skin problems, initial consultation with a dermatologist is recommended.
- If systemic reactions have occurred (anaphylactic shock) after the use of medications of insect (bee, wasp) bites.
- If urticaria-like skin rash, eyelid or lip swelling recurs.
- If there are symptoms of asthma (cough, especially at night and during physical exercise, difficult breathing, wheezing sound from the chest).