Diagnostics of ear, nose and throat health
The Author: Veselības centrs 4
Otholaringology offices are equipped with contemporary devices that enable precise diagnosis of acute, chronic and recurring ear, nose and throat diseases. Performance of all required examinations is possible:
- Tympanometry – an examination method that determines the mobility of the eardrum, tympanic cavity pressure and mobility of auditory ossicles;
- Reflexometry – measuring of eardrum mobility and pressure in the external auditory meatus;
- Audiometry - hearing check, which allows objective assessment of the function of the optic nerve (a specially equipped audiometry cabin is available);
- ORL organ endoscopy – video examination of nasal cavity, nasopharynx, pharynx and larynx, which enables precise determining of diagnosis;
- Microscopy of tympanic membrane – enables precise evaluation of the ear canal, eardrum, tympanic cavity;
- Assessment of the condition of the vocal cords by using a laryngoscope and videolaryngoscope.
National Health Service (NHS), insurance company and paid services are available.